Wendy Sue Lyttle
Expertise in Association Member Management
Wendy Sue Lyttle has been an active agent for progressive development in the not-for-profit sector since the mid-1990s. She is a strategist and brings her extensive experience in membership marketing, member management, governance processes, and stakeholder, volunteer and partner relationships to the sector. She holds a certificate in 'Reinventing Strategic Planning to Deliver Customer Value' from the Centre for Strategic Management in partnership with the University of San Diego. In addition, Wendy Sue holds two other designations: Certified Association Executive (CAE) and Certified Sales Professional (CSP).
A dynamic and motivated individual with a passion for helping volunteer associations to grow their revenues, Wendy Sue has earned solid credentials in key roles. As a member of the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) for ten years, she contributed to program development, initially serving 30,000 members as the Director of Member Benefits. Then, as the association's Director of Sales, she spearheaded the introduction of the only sales certification program in North America to corporations through the CPSA Sales Institute. The program has now certified over 4,000 sales professionals.Developing Fruitful Member Engagement, Recruitment, and Retention Strategies
In 2000, Wendy Sue Lyttle joined the national Canadian Society of Association Executives as Director of Membership and Professional Development. She raised the bar for membership recruitment and retention and greatly enhanced the CAE program by creating upgraded course curricula delivered as an online distance-learning program.
In 2003, Wendy Sue opened her own business as a consultant working with professional associations on association member management, marketing strategies, membership retention and effective database management. Recently, her involvement with various Business Improvement Areas (B.I.A.'s) in Ontario has her working on governance processes linked to the value of membership. Additionally, Wendy Sue has developed policy manuals for associations and membership management templates for small associations.
Her consulting role includes taking on interim management positions, and presently, she is a part-time Executive Director for a national association. Wendy Sue held a part-time Executive Director position for two years with the CSAE Trillium Chapter, from 2008 to 2010.Board Roles, Helping Association Members:
- A Provincial Order in Council recently reappointed Wendy Sue for a third term on the Management Advisory Board for the Kawartha Highlands Signature Site Provincial Park. Encompassing 37,587 hectares, the Provincial Park is the largest park in Ontario south of Algonquin Provincial Park. Wendy Sue's involvement on the Management Advisory Board reflects her deep concern for and commitment to the sensible development of our parklands.
- Director of Catchacoma Cottagers Association
Past Board/Committee Experience:
- 2005-2011, Board of Directors for the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Past Vice Chair of the Canadian Professional Sales Foundation as of May 2011
- Director of the Ontario Craft Council
- In 2005, Wendy Sue completed a three-year term as External Director on the Appeals Committee for the Certified Human Resources Professional "CHRP" designation with the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario
- Chapter Committee Volunteer with the CSAE Trillium Chapter
- Member of ASAE-Learning Centre - Member Section Council
- Governance & Legal Committee of the Catchacoma Marina Group